Powered by TalkShoe

Endued With Power I-Radio:The Preaching of Revivalist Steve O'Brien. Live Sunday nights 6PM EST on Talkshoe and also listen to recorded archived messages from past shows. Please read the blog entry "Why I Live and Preach the Way I Do" from June 2010 before listening to Steve preach to have a good understanding about the anointing and gifts God has placed in his life for your good. Please forgive the quality of the recordings as they are done over a cell phone and blue tooth mic. The quanity of the word is great.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Why I Live and Preach the Way I Do

God has delivered me from 34 years of a horrible sinful and hurtful life at the time of my salvation and now for 20 year as His disciple He has continually delivered me from sin, deception and falling away and shown great love, compassion, mercy and forgiveness towards me. How can I not give to others all He has given me. I have been forgiven way more than much in my life time so I am a radical lover of Jesus and therefore a radical lover of all people who need what I have.
My preaching can be at times very fiery, aggressive and in your face so I thought it best to explain why. I preach the way I attempt to live my Christian life by the grace of God and preach and minister from what has happened in my own life and persoanl relationship with Jesus throught the good and the bad.
First of all I must say that even though I use the title of Pastor of which I am with a house church my main office is not pastoral. My God given office is apostolic/prophetic/evangelistic. To say I'm just one of those things I cant do because of how God uses me in those dimensions as He will. Let me say they are His strengths in me. In Africa I am received as an apostle especially in Uganda. All three of those offices or gifting can be very fiery and aggressive in their nature. The apostle is a sent one on a mission from God with a kingdom assignment to violently take by force along with a forerunning, pioneering and breakthrough anointing and spirit to go into enemy held territories and establish God's kingdom rule and reign, most the time working with other apostles and the five fold ministries as a team. The prophet carries the word of the Lord for the Church, individuals and cities and even nations and many times called to bring correction and rebuke. The Evangelist has a fiery passion for souls to be saved and his whole ministry is set on saving souls and getting the Church to go out ad do the same. So all these combined in me only by the grace of God can cause me to be pretty wild and intense. Because I see who and what God is after and His jealous love burns in me towards the people I am ministering to as well as His wrath and vengeance towards the enemy manifesting, I will say and do anything He tells me to with the hope of setting captives free, bringing the church closer to Him and sinners to repentance for salvation and relationship. A lot of the people God is trying to reach through me are some of the most spiritually blinded, deaf and deceived people on earth, most thinking they are something that they are not. Because of God love reaching out to them I have to be very in your face, very blunt and confrontational stating obvious Biblical facts with the hope of the Holy Spirit convicting them and bringing them to true repentance and salvation in Jesus Christ. I don't preach condemnation because condemnation only speaks to the sin and punishment but the Spirit through me offers always a way out through repentance and salvation in Jesus Christ. Sin and deception has to be confronted or people will die in their sins and go to hell. I desire to be like Paul.

Acts 20:25-27 (New King James Version)
25 “And indeed, now I know that you all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, will see my face no more. 26 Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. 27 For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God.

This type preaching is called polemic meaning an aggressive attack on, or refutation of, the opinions or principles of another. It is the art or practice of disputation or controversy. The word is derive from the Greek word polemikos, meaning warlike or hostile. This type preaching was seen in the reformers and revivalists of the past. The warlike aggressive preaching is not towards man but towards sin, wrong beliefs, mental strongholds, physical strongholds and even when speaking prophetically attacking spiritual strongholds ruling over cities, regions and nations; all for the purpose of pulling these down so men and be free, serve God in love and truth and establish the Kingdom of God in place of the kingdom of darkness.

It's only because of God's great love working in me and through me that I can preach this way because it can cause many people to turn on me that don't like it. In the Book of Acts there were to radical results when people were cut to the heart. The humble repented and the religious tried to kill the preachers and this is still true today. They said John had a devil. They said Jesus had a devil and they will say the same today to those telling them things they do not want to hear because of pride, sin or deception or all three. Thank God for His boldness and that the love of Christ compels me to say things under the anointing I might not say or fear to say in the flesh.

Pastor Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment